Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I Have the Best Kids - Relatively Speaking

This year has been a bit difficult for me. Work has been demanding and so has my personal life. I was having a hard time getting in to the Christmas spirit due to the ever-growing list of things I need to do plus the challenge of not having enough funds to buy presents. I was getting depressed and feeling a bit like a failure as a mother.


Last night, my kids did such an awesome job cleaning up the house, finishing the Christmas decorations and just taking major items off my home to-do list. I’m one of those people who are not in to big presents. Of course, I appreciate anything I get but my love language tends to be more on acts of love than anything.

I am so grateful and proud that my children know me well enough to have picked the best early Christmas present EVER for me. It’s exactly what I needed to finally get in to the holiday mood. So, thanks Luc and Xira. You guys are awesome!

Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way – you can tell Mommy exactly what you need, how many parties are you planning in the house, and how much food am I required to cook? Come on, I’ll be okay with it.


No comments: