Monday, November 29, 2010

I Do Care, Just In Case You're Wondering

In our lives, there are so many times that we give up so much. So much we sacrifice. So much we let go. Yet despite the sadness, we also know the certainty that what we’ve lost, what we’ve given up are exactly the same things that are needed to lay the foundation for the future.

Our lives are never about us. It’s always about the people that will live on after us, the ones that will come long after we’ve left. Even though we are fleeting part of this world, that in a short while we won’t even be remembered, we know that we have played the part we were meant to play in this life. Our names are not written in books, our faces will be wiped even from our loved ones memories sooner than we want them to. Yet, we bravely do the things that are hard. They hurt so much that we buckle beneath the force of that pain.

The only thing I hope for is that I’ve told the people I care about how much I love them. I don’t care if they know all the sacrifices I’ve made or they remember me at all. I just hope that all the time I spent with them, one spark in all the minutes – I made it clear that I cared.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rest assured, that those who you care about, know that you do. Regardless of whether you've told them or not. :)