Sunday, June 7, 2009

Vacation Bliss ROI

It's Sunday afternoon. I'm enjoying the 2pm lull at the beach, sitting under the shade of coconut trees with a beautiful, refreshing breeze blowing. My kids are swimming and I've just finished taking some photos. Just how I want my vacation to be.

I'm listening to some slow Ray Charles right now and I'm preoccupied with sharpening my spiritual saw. I am so thankful for all the graces I have in my life and I feel ready to refocus. Everything has been moving in a crazy pace I haven't taken the time to examine my
behaviors and attitude.

This vacation is the necessary time-out I was really missing. The people here at the Roo are an inspiration. They remind me what service, hospitality, grace, warmth and ethics mean. They've renewed my love for real people.

I was also lucky enough to talk to some people about team building - why it's important and how it's can be applied to building alliances between countries, to government reform, to increasing awareness for locals artists & eco-conservations projects, to providing service at a resort. It reminded me I do great things at work and I really do love my job.

I've been on vacation for three days and I'm already seeing the benefits. I can't wait to see what else will happen in the next three days. I should have done this years ago. I will be planning my next vacation as soon as I get home.

No comments: